In Eugene we take our berries so seriously, we even turn them into wallpaper. This vintage stuff graces the hall of my friend’s new fabulous old farmhouse, and it’s soon to be modernized, made redundant, given the old heave-ho, disappeared. I love the detail of the black and raspberries in the print, but even I can’t deny it’s a tad dated to have blackberries crawling all over your sunroom, and, well, to have wallpaper in general.
So in honor of blackberries and new old homes, and everything delicious under the sun, I bring you a list of all of my berry recipes (with a few cherry recipes thrown in for good measure). They’re mostly for preserving, but I include the best pie recipe ever, and my mixed berry summer pudding, a recipe I’ve already made this July, even though I can barely reach as high as the countertop. It’s that good.
- Amuse Bouche of Steak, goat cheese, and boysenberry
- Blackberry Butter Cookies
- Blackberry Desserts (Summer Pudding, Blackberry-Cassis Coulis, Fresh Blackberry Pie)
- Blackberry Jam, Roasted (no pectin)
- Blackberry Pie, Best in the World
- Blackberry Varenye (Russian freezer preserves – no canning)
- Blueberry Liqueur
- Marionberry-Thyme Vinegar
- Microbatches of any Berry Jam (Haskapberries)
- Panna Cotta with Blackberries in Pinot Gris Syrup
- Pickled Sweet Cherries
- Sour Cherry and Apricot Hungarian Cold Soup
- Tayberry Jam Notes and Strawberry Jam Notes
- Zabaglione (Italian custard) with Berries