In addition to the Fill-Your-Pantry event with local beans, grains, and produce available for bulk sale in Eugene (deadline to order ahead is today, event on Nov. 18), and the Holiday Farmers Market at the Fairgrounds beginning this weekend, you might be wondering what else is available for a local Thanksgiving supper in Lane County. Well, wonder no more, and make your plans soon!
Poultry and Other Meats
- Biancalana Pork Growers have their own turkeys and chickens this year, although I can’t find anything on their Facebook page. Great sausage (try the apple-rosemary) for stuffing, too. Email email@example.com.
- Boondockers Farm has succulent ducks and chickens. More information on their website. They might be able to make one more delivery run to Eugene?
- Long Tom Grazing Company has pastured turkeys at $6.25 a pound. Every turkey comes with a bonus — free vegetables! 5 lbs. potatoes and onion and decorative gourds! All organically grown. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help with your turkey preparation? Call the annual Oregon Statewide Holiday Food Safety Hotline at 1-800-354-7319. November 13 – 16; Tuesday thru Friday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; November 19 – 21; Monday thru Wednesday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Staffed by Master Food Preserver volunteers from Douglas and Lane Counties.
Visit these local bakeries/shops for more information about varieties. Plus, you’ll be able to sample some of the goods.
- Mom’s Pies (traditional pies from a venerable Eugene baker)
- Noisette Pastry Kitchen (traditional pies from our newest, wonderful bakery)
- PartyCart (traditional pies to order, all local ingredients)
- Red Wagon Creamery (ice cream pies and a layered ice cream cake, local ingredients)
- Vanilla Jill’s (ice cream, frozen yogurt, and traditional pumpkin pies with sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free options)
Prepared Dishes for Takeout/Order Ahead
- Ivy’s Cookin’ (vegetarian meals? I don’t see their menu on their website yet)
- Heidi Tunnell Catering (from her post on the Food for Thought on KLCC Facebook page: “We’ve got a list of Thanksgiving items that folks can purchase from us. Items are all available a la carte from appetizers to the whole turkey (brined or roasted), sides, bread and desserts. Menus are available by a link on our website. Or they can come pick one up at our kitchen in Creswell we can also email menus as well. Orders are due on Sunday, November 18th; pick up happens the day before Thanksgiving and items come complete with cooking instructions.”
- Marché Provisions (Beaujolais Nouveau tasting and lots of other goodies)
Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving:
- King Estate (full Thanksgiving spread)
- Govinda’s (vegetarian)
- Marché for breakfast
- EDIT: Excelsior (see comments)
- EDIT: The Barn Light after 7 p.m. (sandwiches, full bar, coffee downtown: see comments)
Did I miss your favorite place? Let me know (with as many details as possible, including contact information) what else is on offer for Thanksgiving in Lane County!